"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, January 26, 2015

2nd to last email!

Salutations! 

     We had a great week here in good ol' Reims. It SNOWED!! I've only seen the snow like 2 times during my mission and they have both been here in the last month or so. Haha but it was great and super pretty. The other great things were the investigators we found this week! I really have gained a testimony that our comportment in life helps others feel the spirit and helps them live/want the gospel. Remember Guy-André, the friend that got baptised in Liège? The reason he wanted to meet with us is just because he saw us on the bus and the spirit touched him. We had that happen again this week with a young guy named Axel! We were on the bus and we were talking about the lesson we were going to teach, and Axel walked up to us and said something to the effect of, "Hey guys, what are you doing here? I have seen you a few times and I felt something push me to come talk to you." WOW! Could there be anymore blatant response to our prayers to find new investigators?! Of course, it's not always that easy, we work really hard and pray a lot to find new people, but I know that people are watching and waiting and being prepared to talk to us and to all the missionaries around the world. 
     Second most exciting thing was that we had a bunch of ami's and less-actives at church yesterday! We've been trying help a few less-actives get back to church with little success until yesterday. It's a huge blessing to see them take the sacrament and participate in Sunday School and get to know the members and everything. They are just coming closer and closer to Christ right before our eyes. Also, last night we had a cheese party, which consisted of the young adults from our ward, the missionaries and an Irish investigator, eating tons of cheese, playing ping-pong and learning about the love of God for us. After being with the young adults a lot on the mission, I feel like being in a singles ward won't be so bad! lol. For this week that's about all folks! I'm just grateful to be a missionary. Every minute that passes is a blessing. I know that this really is the work of our Lord, and I love Him and am so proud to call myself His disciple. 

    Have a great week everybody! Keep building the kingdom and stuff. I love you and I'll talk to you soon! 

HOORAH FOR ISRAEL!! 
 
Elder Wood 

No comments:

Post a Comment