"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The wise men


The three "wise men"

Hey there! 

I've gotta say, your letter's crack me right up. We don't have an emailing time limit, but sometimes I take too long because I'm laughing at your emails and reading to them to my comps. I have no idea if they like it, but they know all about you guys and that your so funny! Haha so thanks for being hilarious. 

This week was good! I can't remember if I told you or not last week, but one of the elders in my apartment had to go home because of some sickness, so we've been working in a trio this week. A trio was fun because we had double the investigators, so we taught double the lessons! We set goals for how many lessons we're going to teach each week, and sometimes its easy to get a little taken away in trying to accomplish your goals instead of really teaching the people because you love them, but this week I wasn't even teaching my own investigators half the time, and I realized even more how much happiness and joy this work brings. The idea of getting high numbers just went down the drain and we all were able to teach out of charity for these people, and because of that the Lord blessed us with some really good lessons and some new investigators! Last week was really good. 

So, you remember Anderson, the guy we prayed with, and then lost contact with him? We reconnected with him this week and taught him again! It went super well and we're seeing him again tomorrow before I leave. (which I will talk about in a minute) But we just decided to call him and he actually answered and said he was free, so we went over and the lesson was very spiritual! He brought up an interesting subject that confused me but ended up being really good; I'll try to explain. He pointed at the picture of Christ on the front of one of our pamphlets and said "Is that Christ?" and I said yes, and he said "How do you know?" I gave him a kind of lame answer like, the painter may have received revelation or something, because I was feeling rushed in trying to anwser his question. He brought up a couple other things and how he thought it was disrespectful to make an image of someone sacred like Christ, then a thought came to me of how to answer. I pulled out all the pictures of Christ that I had with me, and all of them were different. I showed him all of them and explained how they were all different, except the people who have seen Christ, we don't have an exact image of Him, but the important thing is not what he looked like, but what He did for us. We all got to testify of the Atonement and the Restoration, and afterwards he said he was really touched by our response, and that he had even a greater desire to know more. The spirit was so strong, and it was just cool to me and a testimony builder that the spirit will help us when we need him. 

And I got your birthday package this week! Whoa! Thanks so so much! You guys know what your doin! I really loved the music and the sweaters and especially, the chocolate covered cinnamon bears. I haven't had one of those babies forever. Merci! 

Also our ward Christmas party was on Saturday night! It was super fun, and on Saturday afternoon we got a surprise call from the bishopric asking if we could be the three wise men and give the kids gifts, we happilly accepted the invitation. Pictures will follow. 

Also coming back to transfers, President Poznanski called me today. I'm going to be a zone leader in a city called Rennes in western France!! Woop woop! Im so so excited! It's apparently the best ward, even better than Strombeek! I'll be taking a train through Paris and over there on Wednesday

Well family, that's about it for this week! I love you all so much and am so grateful for your support and the unity a mission can bring to a family. Keep preachin' the word and I'll see you soon! For real because it's almost Christmas!  

Love,
Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment