"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, September 9, 2013

A Taste of the Glory


Howdy! 

This week was a busy one! Which is always good. I suppose I'll just start with Monday! It was P day so we didnt do a ton, but that night we had interveiws with President and Sister Poznanski and let me tell ya, they are some inspired people. Seriously though, I feel like they are my temporary parents. It's so fun to be able to talk to them. 
Tuesday was Zone conference! WOO!! I love zone conference so much. It's a 4ish hour long meeting where President and Sister Poznanski give a little formation, then the Zone leaders teach, then we have district meeting, then lunch. I guess it doesn't really sound that fun typed in an email.. but it rocked. Then I started my 48 hour exchange with Elder Adams! He goes home in 3 weeks, so I just decided I was going to profit and gain as much dino-missionary knowledge as possible. Tuesday night and Wednesday we spent in his area and Thursday we came back to mine and things really went super well. I think I can safely say that those 2 1/2 days changed my mission! It would take super long to explain the whole thing, but for real, it was awesome. We did so much work. 
Thursday night I was reunited with my good old comp Elder Wilson, who is so fly by the way. He just hit his year mark like last week and we've become great friends. Such good friends in fact that we've set a date for the ultimate Guitar Hero battle after our missions. The fruits thereof will be great, meaning that I will win, but he's still really cool. We sat down Friday and just decided what we needed to do to really get the work progressing, and we're already seeing so many of the blessings from our new plans! Things are just lookin up! Not that they were down before, but there is always room for improvement, right? 
Saurday was good, and Sunday was nuts. We went to church which was really great as usual, then ate with 2 member families! That's right folks, 2 families in one day! It was a miracle, and even squeezed in a lesson between. They were both American families, yes, but still, it rocked. The families here are such good examples of what I want to be doing in the next 10 years or so. #familylyf
Oh and on Sunday! This was cool. We were walking to the metro station with Eric, one of our amis, and this young girl ran up and stopped us. She said her name was Antoinnette and she was a member from Ghana, that she had lived in Belgium for a year but had not been able to find any missionaries or the church. She almost started to cry and just said how grateful she was to see us and that she couldnt live without the church. It was so cool because we got to help her but also because our ami got to hear a little of her testimony and meet another normal member of the church. #miralces! 

Then here we are! I feel like just going through my weeks is not the most productive type of email, but Mom really seems to want "a little taste of the glory, see what it tastes like." So, know that things are good and that I am safe and I love you and so does Heavenly Father. Miracles are happening over here! There are about 2 weeks of the transfer left and I feel as if I will stay for another here, but nobody knows. I'm off to buy myself a Bou bou today I think, and if I do end up getting one, you'll see what I mean next week. I love you!! Have a good week! 

Elder Wood


No comments:

Post a Comment