"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bonjour ma famille! 

I am going to explain the events that happened this week, let you try to formulate some idea of how nuts it was then I will attempt to articulate how I am feeling. I will reassure you that I am happy as a clam, but your just gonna have to read! 

Liz. She was doing so good. We had several lessons planned for this week to teach her the remaining commandment lessons and answer all questions before her baptism on Saturday. The first lesson was scheduled for Wednesday, 4 days before her baptism. We headed over super excited to teach! When we got there, her mom answered the door, not in a very happy way. She told us right away ther we were no longer allowed to see or talk to Liz, that she could not come to church anymore or get baptised. We tried to reason with her and let her know that this is something that would bless Liz's life, but she doesnt understand the message so she is very scared to have her daughter change, and won't listen so that we can explain either. It was one of the saddest moments of my mission. She talked at us for a while and then we went out and sat in the car to regroup a little. After a little cool down and regaining a logical thought process I realized that everything was okay. Liz knows the church is true and has a great desire to be baptised, so it will happen one day! All we could do was accept that, and keep going with faith to find others. So, that's what we did! 
The other days of the week were so good. We taught more lessons this week than I ever have before on my mission. We found the most prepared people I have ever found before, 2 old investigators came to church and one of them said he was ready to be baptised, and we saw the baptism of one of the sister's investigators that we have also taught named Sophie! She is 23 and from north eastern China, here doing studies. The sister missionaries found her on the bus a little while ago and she felt that the message was true instantly! Me and my comp were witnesses for the baptism and basically the whole ward was there. I'm sure that she will one of the pioneers of the church in China one day. We got in contact with someone's old amis too, who were really great. The one that came to church and said he wanted to be baptised is Bob, then we recontacted and taught a man named Gaston and the Mari family. There are lots of other really great things that happened this week and I'm super super happy with how all the work is going right now! 

But do you see the conflict?! It was just a super up and down week! The highest highs and the lowest lows,  that's how the mission goes. That was a completely unintentional rhyme, good job Elder Wood. And the other weird thing is that at the end of every day no matter what has happened I'm still so so so happy. It's this unexplainable happiness that overcomes fatigue and sadness and stress and whatever else you can think of. That's the basic feeling of being a missionary. Haha, so ya! That was the week! 

I hope this all made sense, but I've gotta go! I love you guys and I'm really grateful for you! Keep up all the good work you do, and I'll talk to you next week. 

Bisous! 

Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment