"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Friday, January 17, 2014

Crazy Week

Hello! 

This week was nuts you guys! Also I'm sorry this email is so late. I will explain why right now! I"ll start with a general run down of the week: 

Monday- preparation day; 
Tuesday- Mission leadership council. This was to announce the new mission moto for this year. It's Doctrine and Covenants 64: 33-34 (read it..) It's really good right? I'm really excited about it! We are focusing as a mission on being willing  and obedient. The whole time I was listening to President Poznanski present the theme, I thought of the new film Ephraims Rescue. (I had no idea Savanna was in that one too?!) But Ephraim was willing to follow the Lord and did what he was prompted and told to do, and when the time came for him to go and rescue the Saints, he was prepared and able to do what was necessary and ended up being an incredible instrument in the hands of the Lord. I feel like this is something that we all need to strive to do. What an inspired mission president that I have! Also mission/leadership council is in Paris, so that means gathering the missionaries from all sides of Bretagne and having them sleep in our apartment then buying lots of train tickets and it's nuts, but I like it. 
Wednesday- Exchange! I went with Elder Puirau, my new Tahitian friend. If you don't know how to pronounce his name you can just call him Elder Pollyhooha, because that's what we said before we knew how to pronounce it. For lack of time I will say, it was very good. 
Thursday-Friday- Zone Conference! We taught our zone about the new mission moto and ate lunch and it rocked, then we went and hopped onto another train to Paris to do an exchange with our AP's who are super cool. I was with Elder Dussere, a Frenchman from Marseilles. Then we headed back and taught Liz! She is going super good and her baptism is still going strong for this saturday
Speaking of Saturday- We finally had a normal day of work! I think it was one of the most teaching-filled days of my mission, so it was super good! 
Sunday- was so cool! Liz cancelled plans with another lady so she could get to church and announce her baptism to everyone. Then later that night she built up the courage to tell her mom she was getting baptized (because her mom is super catholic and was very against her coming to church for a while) but her mom accepted and was fine with it and is coming to the service! 

Then we have today! A very nice member named Sister Fellon took us over to Le Mont Saint Michel and it was a load of fun. I got you a postcard  so you can see it. That is actually the reason why I am emailing so late. We didn't get home until later, so we had to shop later, and then we had a far away lesson, but we couldn't wait until tomorrow to do emails. Not because we didn't have the will power but because we needed to email our president, so voila. 

I appologize for the lack of spirituality in this letter, but because we are super late I need to cut it short! I love you guys and am grateful for you! Have a really good week, I hope you enjoy all the Belgian things I sent you, and I'll talk to you later! Au revoir! 

Love Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment