"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Belgium!


Hello from Belguim!! 

This week had some pretty huge changes! I'm in Belgium and it is SO Cool!!!  I'll answer some of mom's questions right off the bat. My new comp in Elder Wilson, he's a quietly awkward, hilarious dude. He's been out about 10 months and is a great missionary, we're gonna be great friends. My new area is called Stombeek, but really it's just the northern half of Brussels. Brussels is. the. BEST. I love it so much. We moved into a new appartment the day I got here and it's a dang palace. HUGE. Like 4 times the size of the Antony apartment. And we live with 2 other elders! Elder Davis and Elder Player and they rock a ton. Elder player is brand new from the mtc! Cool guys. Our apartment is right across the street from a huge cool park where they have concerts all the time. The other day some black dude was rapping for an audience of 15 for like 3 hours. It rocked. The ward here is super cool too. The EU, United Nations and some other world wide thing and NATO are all based in Brussels, more than half of our ward is American!! It was super weird to go to church and sing English hymns, and I bore my testimony/introduced myself once in English then once in French. All the meetings have translators and stuff. Pretty different experience, but really awesome as well! Everyone, Belge or american, is really cool. Also they have a ward missionary feeding calender, so we eat with them tons. Also yes, Belguim is pretty cold. It's so far north that it doesn't get dark at night! I woke up at like 2 in the morning and it was still like sunset, pretty cool! Also Belguim is the most diverse country in the world! There are TONs of Arab people and tons of African people and a little tiny bit of Belgian people. But the people that are from Belguim are super nice and a little fatter then French people. But over all it seriously is so so great here, I love it! I know we're going to see lots of miracles. Also my new address is this:

Les Missionnaires (Elder Wood) 
Avenue des Gloires Nationales 11
1081 Koekelberg
Belgium

This week we did lots of house keeping kind of things, like clean and make our apartment habitable, then just started teaching and finding people! Knocking appartment building doors is SO FUN. Not being sarcastic, it's my favorite thing to do.  You get to talk to tons of people, and if one person shuts the door there is another one just right there, and it's a lot more successful than street contacting! Also our aim's (investigators)  here are really great. I've only met a couple of them, but they rock and I really love them! 

Personally, I am doing so, so good. It's a new transfer, new ville, new everything! I love new stuff, it's just a way cool opportunity to just start over and set new goals and just do better! A huge part of the mission is just improving yourself everyday and always trying to be better and better and work harder and harder. That's what I'm here to do. I'm so gratefull just to be here on a mission and be able to do this work! It rocks so much! 

Also, yes, I did get the package from Grandma. Do you guys know what she did? She didn't have time to unpack the goodies, so she gave the suitcase to a cab driver and had him bring it to the chappel in Paris, and he did! So now I have 4 suit cases that I dont know what I'm going to do with, and also so much good cereal and American snacks. Thank you guys so much for sending that, you and Grandma all rock. And one other thing I feel like I should tell you; remember my indestructible Missionary Mall luggage? The handle on the big one bent right off. So, I'll probably have to just pick up a new one before I get transferred again, or was there some kind of warranty or something? But ya, just fyi, not a biggie.

That's about all for this week! Just working hard and having tons of fun. I love you guys! I'll try and write you back today!! I'm so grateful for you all! Have a good week!! 

Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment