"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, May 5, 2014

Miracles in Liege

Hola Hola! 


Apart from the occasional trash can fire in the park, the only thing really on fire in Liège is the missionary work! Things are going so so well! I'm SO happy with some of the things that we've got going on in our branch and with the zone and everything, we've just been seeing miracles all over the place. It's probably thanks to Elder L because I think he is the most faithful person I've met before, but, let me tell you about some of this week's funtivities. 

Friday we had our interveiws with President Poznanski! Each time he teaches me something that gives my like 150 extra motivation points and work gets done all over the place! The sincere care and love one man can have for 260 plus missionaries is incredible, I'm not sure how he does it, but I sure did feel it! We talked about the zone and about how our work was going and towards the end he just looked at me and said "Well Elder Wood, this was our last interveiw!" WHAT?!! I was so shocked! It hadn't even crossed my mind that he would be leaving before I got to have another interview with him. It really has been such an honor to serve under him and Sister Poznanski and I love them a ton. You might want to wish them luck because they are moving to Germany so Pres. Poznanski can be the Seminary Coordinater over all of Europe! 

Then later friday night we had some finding time and we felt as if we should go over by the church. We knocked on a few doors and talked to some people but had little success, until the last man we talked to; (strange how it's always the last person) But, we walked passed him because it was time to get home but we felt like we should stop him, so we turned around and ran over to him and started talking. He told us he was in the middle of becoming a Témoigne Jehovah, so we talked to him about his faith in Christ and gave him a Plan of Salvtion brochure, then we asked if we could fix a rendez-vous with him but he said no, so we asked if we could at least close with a prayer and he said we could. Elder L. said a prayer and we asked the man how he felt and he said that he felt like he could feel the prayer, like it was tangible. We explained the Holy Ghost and how we can receive that feeling always if we are baptised and confirmed, we were going hard because we knew we needed to talk to this guy! We could see that he was very touched, but he still declined our invitation to meet another day. So, we headed home, went through our Saturday normally, then decided to go back around the church to do some porting with the extra time we had Saturday evening. We're knocking, knocking, no one would let us in. Then, the last door we knocked on, could you guess who it was? The man we had taught Friday night! He was really happy to see us and wondered how we found his house, but we didn't know how we found it either! Haha, it was just the Spirit who guided us there. But we taught him about the restoration and how it could bless him and his family. It was cool to see how he just listened to us and really took in the information. We again prayed and he was again very touched and recognized the Spirit, and we invited him to pray and ask God if he should listen to more of this message and he said he would, and we're going to pass by and see him this week! How neat is that??!! To be able to see the Spirit really touch the heart of someone and change them is such a cool experience, and every time I see that, I realize how powerful and loving our Heavenly Father really is and how much this message can change people. This really is His work!! Being a missionary RULES!!

That's just one of the petite miracles that happened this week! I will save the rest for Sunday when we get to talk on Skype! Speaking of which: I will be getting on at 3 o'clock, which will be about 7 a.m. chez vous, does that work?? Let me know and maybe we can make some last minute arrangements if you need, but I'm super excited to talk to you guys! 

That's about it for this week! Thank you for all your prayers and support, it really works! I love you and pray for you all the time and I hope you have a ballin' week. Bisous and I'll see you on sunday! :) 

Love,
Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment