"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, May 5, 2014

April 21, 2014 - New Area



What is up Family!

Liège RULES!!! I'ts been a great few days so far! I had like 5 hours of train rides to get here last Wednesday, but when I finally got off the train in Brussels, I met my new baller of a companion, Elder L. He is from Belmont, Boston, he is Haitian, he loves rap music and basketball and is super nice and everyone is his best friend. We are gonna be such good friends. We headed to our luxurious appartment where I met Elder B. and Elder H. If you were wondering what Elder B. looks like, just picture a very young and skinny Mr. Beane with a missionary plaque on. Elder H. is only 18! It sometimes blows my mind to meet such young missionaries, but it's also so cool because they got to come so early and help with the work. What a good thing. Also, to my surprise, upon my arrival I met Sister Ashley Doyle! We serve in the same branch and it's cool but super weird to see a friend from high school here. She said one of the prayers in sacrament meeting and she was speaking French and everything, and it was just strange and cool, but it will be way fun to work here with all of them! There are 2 branches in Liège, and I serve in the Liège 1 branch with a set of sisters, and in the other branch is Elder B, Elder H and the other sisters. The members are so so cool! I've never been in a branch before, so I didn't know what to expect, but everyone is so close and there is a ton of love in the branch, truly like a little family. Easter was a great Sunday to come in because we were given so many waffles and actual hard boiled colored eggs to eat. Also, you know what we did? An Egg War! An old Wood family tradition! I've never met anyone in my life that has done it before until yesterday when our Bulgarian Branch mission leader named Krasimir held his egg out to me, and I knew eggxactly what to go. We also had a pretty cool miracle! We went contacting on Thursday night, and the first person that Elder L. and I contacted together was a super cool guy named Germain, and he ended up coming to church yesterday and he's coming to the single adults fhe tonight! We've really been yolking up all the time we have to find and to talk to everyone and its been going so well. It's gonna be a good few months serving here I think! 

I hope your week is full of after-easter magic and miracles. I love you! Thanks for all that you do! I am going to go eat something that I have missed for too long, a good old Belgian Waffle. à la prochaine! 

Love, 
Elder Wood


p.s. The pictures: 
1. Saying Goodbye at the the train station in Rennes
2. Elder T, Elder E. And I in Rennes
3. Saying Hello to my new comp Elder L.

No comments:

Post a Comment