"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, June 23, 2014






Mon Famille Bonjour! 

K check it out, this week is transfer week! Elder Louis and i had a pretty crazy 6 weeks together, taught so many people and saw tons of miracles! And he taught me so much as well and I grew a lot with his. Unfortunately he will be leaving us, but the good news is that i will be getting an englishman as my new companion! Elder S! I haven't met him yet, but from what i hear he is a super nice guy and im so stoked to 1. work with his because I've heard that he is super cool and fun and I will get to perfect my English accent and say things like "Cheers" and other english phrases. 

And Elder Louis sure did go out with a bang, because this week was super crazy! For some reason a lot of our normal progressing amis stopped responding and we could not get ahold of them, so we set out to find others! We had few fixed appointments but we were able to teach a lot of people on the road and get let in while knocking doors! We found a neighborhood of enthusiastic italians, who are all related and all know members of the church, we met a woman who only speaks Bulgarian, but luckily our trusty Bulgarian Branch mission leader was there to help us with that one! And we found out that every single young family in Liège hangs out at the park on Sunday, so we went and taught a bunch of them! It was just so fun and the joy that comes out of this work in unreal. It really is surprising sometimes to see how much the Lord blesses us when we are willing to do what He asks of us and when we come to Him in faith and prayer to know what to do. Yes, there are difficult moments, but I don't write about them often because they get faded out by all the great opportunities to teach the gospel! In Helaman 10 verses 4 and 5, the Lord blesses Nephi because of his unwearyingness in declaring His word. And I don't often think about the end of my mission, but when it's done I hope to receive these same blessings because of my dedication and unwearyingness. So that's what and Elder Stobbs and I are going to do this week! 

I hope everything back on the home front is going splendidly and that you are having the same kind of growth and miracles chez vous! Also, I wear a french shoe size 41,  I think thats around and 8 in American sizes, and the echos are the best shoes. Hopefully today we're actually going to go bowling,  so pray that I can re-find my skills from before! I love you and I hope your week is great! Bisous 

Love,
Elder Wood

Photo 1: Elder Beane and Elder Pfost and in Versailles 
Photo 2: Soeur Doyle and I by the Eiffel Tower eating a crêpe #fpmlyfe












No comments:

Post a Comment