"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, June 30, 2014

Murica v Belgium

Howdy ya'll! 

How's it going over there? Pretty great I hope! I'm super stoked to get the package you sent! That'll go along quite nicely with all the other exciting crazy things that are going to happen this week! 

This last week though was really good. Not a ton of really exciting things happened but a ton of little things happened all week that added up to some pretty cool experiences. I think the Lord was just trying to teach us to be lead and be patient this week. Everytime we prayed to know where to go or what to do, we didn't really get answers, but everywhere we went we found and taught people! It was super cool but I was kind of confused about it for a couple days but then I re-read one of my favorite Preach My Gospel quotes from Elder Oaks on page 101. It's long so I wont type it all out, but it says basically that we cannot expect to be guided in everything. Sometimes either choice is acceptable to the Lord, and it's just up to us to use our best judgement and go for it! He gave us a brain for a reason, right? We gotta use it! We are just expected to do what we think is right and try to do the will of the Lord, and He will make things happen and use us as tools, whether we recognize it or not. That was a valuable lesson for me to relearn! 

Also this week there is going to be a couple conflicting events. #1. Belgium vs. America in the World Cup. Seriously, what are the chances of this happening?! I think its really awesome, but also people are pretty crazy towards us anyways, so I'm interested and nervous to see how they will react after the game! Win or lose, it'll be exciting. #2, the 4 of July! The day we celebrate our Independance (may I remind you that my companion is English?) We have planned a rockin' America Party for our branch and we've been inviting all our ami's and everyone is super excited, but then the game just ends up being 2 days before the party! Haha we're just praying that everyone in Belgium will decide to be really good sports this week. #'Merica

The last unconflicting event that is going to happen this week is that our great friend Guy-André is going to get baptised on Saturday. I don't know if I've told you about him, but he is one of best investigators I've had on my mission! The only struggle while teaching him has been that I had to step up my teaching game so much to actually bring him anything because he was so prepared! He's from Burundi and is working on his doctorate here. He already participates really well in the ward and is super excited to have a calling and progress the Lord's work! I feel like if he was a bit younger we could slap a badge on his chest and send him out because he loves people so much and he especially loves Christ. I'll send you some photos next week!! 

And voila, that's about all! Things are just climbing here and I really love it. Being a missionary is the best! I love you guys and hope you get some chances to share the gospel too :) bisous! Go America! 

Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment