"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, May 20, 2013

2nd Transfer homie!


Hello Family!!
Mom, Thank you so much for your email and update on Brooke's farwell and everything you shared about the scriptures! I love those chapters. And the Alma 31 verse 5 scripture is so good! That's one we share with less active members to get them to come to church. So good job!
So, as you know, some crazy stuff has been going down in the mission with all the new missionaries and what not. So after 6 weeks of training, I am now co comping it up with Elder A! He loves the Matrix, which he regularly quotes to me, he actually does speak fluent Latin, and he wants to be a lawyer. He is very serious and just ready to get to work. Which is really cool. We are gonna do some work this transfer!
Me being a total noob still, and him not knowing the area at all, we've had some interesting times trying to find our way around. One night, we only had about 30 more minutes of work, so I thought we'd just take a short walk around town and try and find someone to teach. I turned left at the little town hall place, thinking we were still headed in the right direction. After walking for a while things started looking unfamiliar, until we found ourselves in a small town called Cachan, which is just really, really far away from our apartment. I laughed and just decided, what can we do but try to find our way back?! But, unfortunately, Elder A was not too pleased. We had had a bit of an argument earlier that day, so emotions were running high, and he just became very angry. Not at me though, just at himself for not saying anything. We started making our way home in an awkward, happy/angry way, and I just didnt know what to do. He was just super ticked. So, after looking over my "how to cheer people up knowledge", I did what any Jim Halpert fan would do. Without looking up or at him, I just started singing. "Awimba-way, awimba-way, Awimba-way, awimba-way.." I continued for a minute or so, not knowing if it would work, but soon enough I heard a timid "in the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.." We sang and marched our way home, and Elder A was angry no more.  I'm glad we spent all that time watching The Office together. Thank you, Jim.
Other than that everything is going good!! The first week in always a killer because you lose a couple days of work, but this week we are really just going to be able to hit the ground running and find some new people to teach!
Sorry I don't have a lot of time today, and this is really short! But I love you all so much. Thank you for always being such a good family to me. I am very blessed. And dad, where is my letter eh?
Bonne Semaine, je vous aime!
Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment