"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

short but sweet


Dear Family,
I just wrote you a big fat nice email, and the whole thing got deleted. This is the worst! So, I am just going to sum everything up, and I will write you a better email next week.
Work is going really good! We have been just finding like crazy lately, and this week our finding efforts are going to pay off. We met a couple people who I really think will be baptised. Including this one lady named A. We got her phone number from a member named Ya Gaston (awesome name) and he told us she wants to be baptised. When I called her and told her it was the missionaries, she just started laughing and yelling because she was so excited and she set the quickest rendez-vous possible. Also remember the investigator that got baptised, C? I gave him the preisthood yesterday! It was really cool and spiritual, and he later told me that I was really important to him and that he had wanted me to give him the preisthood for a long time. Also he is planning and preparing to serve a mission! He's so cool and he is a huge testimony builder to me of the Lords love for us. Alme 29: 9-10 explains perfectly how I feel.
Elder A is boss. We are co comps, which means he is not my trainer. We got in a few arguments this week, but its cool now. It's cool to see that even though we are very different, the Lord had given us both strength to keep working hard and overcome our differences to accomplish our goals. He is a really good guy and I like him a lot.
Autumn, hello :) I love you too. I guess its a slippin' slide! Am I right? Tell grandma and grandpa not to sell the cabin, there are too many family memories up there. Write me a letter!
To see grandma and grandpa on the 23rd would be great, but super super difficult. It's Stake Conference that day in Versailles, so I'll be about an hour outside of Paris, and it's also the last day of the transfer, which would mean that if I have to go somewhere I'll have to pack, which is super possible. Tell them they can still call President Poznanski if they want, but lunch would be very difficult.
I'm really sorry this letter is short and has little info, the other one was super good, but alas, it is gone. I love you all so much and I will write you again next week! Thank you for raising me in the Gospel. I love you guys.
Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment