"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Week 4 in France


Hello Family!
Merci beaucoup for all the letters. They rock so much. I hope everything is going good still! 
This week was great. We met a couple new investigators who I could really see getting baptized! Not many huge things happened though, just keeping on with the work. I feel like my expectaions for the mission were that I would get some sort of super power and just convert everyone and have tons of fun and everything, but that's really not how it is. It is work, and it's hard! But, nothing has yet to sway me from having a good attitude. I really do love it. I don't think I would love it as much if it wasn't work, actually. It's seriously so great. 
I dont know if I've mentioned this before, but the ward here in Antony is seriously so cool. Yesterday at church my goals were to talk a ton and share in all my classes. When I shared a story in priesthood, I just destroyed it. My French was horrible. But they all just helped me and talked to me even more afterwards! And I got to pass the sacrament yesterday. That was really cool. I haven't gotten to pass for like 5 years, so I had forgotten what it felt like to be able to administer such a sacred ordinance to people. I wish I had learned/recognized the importance of the sacrament when I was a deacon. Also, we eat really nice baguet's for bread, it rocks. 
And on Saturday I attended my first baptism! It was for the other companionship and his name is Xavier.  It was different to see a grown man, who had diligently searched and gained his own testimony be able to get baptized. Different than an 8 year old. I felt the spirit very strongly as he got baptized and talked to him after about it. The cool thing is that I felt back to how I felt when I got baptized. That's also why it was so cool to be able to pass the sacrament. It was just a baptism/covenant making/renewing weekend!
This morning I found one of my new favorite scriptures: DC 6:33-37. It's Christ talking, telling us to not fear and have faith is Him. It just really touched me with how gentle it sounded. Christ loves us so much. That's why missionary work is so important, because we have the opportunity to help other people feel this love. 
That's about all for this week, nothing too exciting. Good luck with everything, be safe, I love you!
Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment