"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day


MOM!
also family
Yesterday seeing you was so crazy. I think it was the closest feeling someone could get to teleportation. It was like I was with you, just talking and being family, then I was back in Paris 30 seconds later! 'Im so glad we got to talk though! What a blessing all this modern technology is. You all looked so good and I'm go glad things are going so great!
And Mom, I'm sorry I didn't cry when I saw you (he got choked up when he saw his Dad, but nothing for me! :) HaHa). I will next time. But I hope your Mother's Day was so, so good and I love you so much! Thanks for raising me and teaching me the gospel. I wouldn't be here on a mission today if it wasn't for you! :) <3 I love ya.
Well, I don't really have a ton to say, it's only been like 10 hours since I talked to you! Things are still just going really well. Elder M found out that he is going to be zone leader in Caen, which is up north, and a guy named Elder J will be coming to replace Elder W because he's leaving too, and my step dad (new companion) will be Elder A. Pretty sweet!
I guess all the changes that are gonna go down here are pretty crazy. I don't really know any better, but all the older guys are saying that nothing like this has ever happened before. It's just really been a testimony builder lately about how the Lord prepares people! He really does qualify who He calls. Last night, I could tell Brooke was ready. She looked like a Sister missionary. And with all the new missionaries coming at younger ages, they have some big roles to fill, but I know they will all be able to do it. Even our amis and the people here, they are so ready to hear the  gospel. This time in the church is pretty unreal! Now all we need to do is just keep sharing and being good members!
This morning during personal study I read about Christ walking on the water. When Peter asked if he could come, Christ said, Come. As long as Peter was focused on Christ, he could walk on the water towards him. It was only when Peter took his focus off Christ and saw the waves that he began to sink. But he still turned back to Christ for help, and He was right there to catch him. When we are focused Christ, we really can accomplish amazing things. We can bring people back, or into the gospel, so long as our focus and goal is Christ. He really is the answer to everything. Also, another interesting point to this story is something that Grandpa Wood pointed out to me before I left. Even though he sank a little, Peter still had enough faith to get out of the boat in the first place. Our journey to Christ starts with our own willingness, we have to get out of the boat. And so long as we are focused on Him, we won't sink.
I guess that's it for this week! Today we're going to the Louvre, then working tonight and tomorrow, and I'll get my new trainer on Wednesday! Pretty stoked, a little nervous, but I can do it. Thanks for everything again! I love you all so much. Don't let that small animal poop in my room. (or is it Lizzys room now? weird.) Have a super good week!
Iloveyousosososososososososososososososomuch
Elder Wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment