"In the service of the Lord, it is not where you serve but how."
David O. McKay - Teachings of the Presidents of the Church

Monday, December 8, 2014

Transfer 16 surprises!

Hello family and friends!

So, lets get down to the nitty gritty. St. Nazaire. Great place. I have learned so much here! Definitely thought I was going to finish my mission here. But, turns out I was mistaken! I got a call from the Assisstants on Saturday morning telling me that I'll be moving to a new city called Riems! (pronounced Rance) And I'll be training a new missionary! Président Babin is having a lot of finishing missionaries move into leadership positions which I think is really cool. I'm super grateful that I'll get to train though! We'll be reopening the area, so it's definitely going to be an adventure! Pray for my baby boy.

Other than that exciting news, this week was really great. We've been Christmas caroling for about 2 weeks and it's been really fun! We have yet to be let in just to sing, but because we've been following what our leaders have told us to do we've definitely been seeing some miracles. Mom asked about how people are here around Christmas time. They aren't super different from people in the states, just all hustlin around to buy stuff and decorate and everything, but for some reason the people are a lot more open to the message of Christ. As we've been finding and teaching I've been really surprised at how many more opportunities we've had to testify of the birth of Christ and His divine mission. I'm super grateful to be a missionary around this time of year! Also the book of mormon has proven to be a crowd pleasing Christmas gift haha. The new initiative of the church "He is the Gift" really is hitting home for a lot of people too. Our ami Xaviere watched the video and was so amazed that media and pictures could be put together to make such a beautiful message, like she had never seen something like it before. It was really cool to see her reaction. I sure am going to miss her and our other amis here! But alas, the Gift must be shared with the people of Reims as well. I will go and do! Haha #cheese. I'm way happy to be able to serve and I know we're going to be able to help lots of people come closer to Christ. 

Also, yesterday while saying goodbye to one of my favorite families, I was presented with a super radical christmas gift: a can of foie gras (spreadable exploded duck liver) and,,, Pokemon, Red version, In FRENCH. Haha,, so awesome. I'll probably play it the day I get home. 

Hey Hoareau family, thanks for the present. 


Due to the transfers I no longer have any Christmas plans! So hopefully next week I'll let you know about skyping and all that. I love you guys! Thanks for all you do and your general awesomeness. Share the "He is the Gift" video!! Have a great week :) bisous! 

Elder Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment